Wednesday 28 September 2016

Pretty Woman Foil Effects kit

Hello everyone,

Today I received a nail art kit from the brand Pretty woman which contains a black gelogic lacquer and four different pots of nail foils. The retail price for this kit is $7.99 USD which is the same price as buying an individual gelogic lacquer so the value is amazing.



The pots contain a silver, gold, copper, and multi-chrome foil and have 2 grams of foil each. In my opinion this is a great deal of foil to do your nail art with. The foil itself is very soft which I was not expecting. It does not break in your hands if you are trying to smooth it out and since it is soft, it molds very nicely to your nail. An added point of interest is that while handling the foil, my fingerprint was easily transferred to the foil creating a lovely effect. You can use scissors to cut the foil but I found using my fingers and nails did a well enough job. I did try to use a paper punch to see if I could cut the foil in the shape of a flower but the foil was too soft and it just ripped.

Now the instructions say to apply one coat of the gelogic color and let it dry then to work one finger at a time; applying a coat of gelogic and then adding the foil. This worked perfectly well as the shade in the kit, black, needed two coats to be opaque and the time to put the foil on the nail was very quick. I used a cuticle stick to transfer the foil onto the nail. Once the lacquer had dried, I attempted to push the foil flat but it was not perfect so I used two coats of top coat to keep it smooth. However, at one coat, it is still smooth enough that the foil is sealed and would not catch on anything so it is up to personal preference.

Two coats of black with the copper foil.

You can create really easy and amazing looks by mixing the foils, changing the color of your base and even how much foil you put on the nail. Removal can be tricky depending on how much foil you use. For the picture above, I found that the foil method was the best option to removing the foil without damaging my nail. I used my silicone nail clips with a cotton ball and nail polish remover and removed everything under five minutes. The leftover pieces removed easily enough with the cotton ball or even my cuticle pusher. If you applied less nail foil, then I found that the foil removed easily when I rubbed a cotton ball against the nail.

Overall, I really think the value in this kit is amazing since the price is the same as buying a gelogic lacquer or any other nail polish from Pretty Woman. You get a lot of foil, including a nice color variety, which is fairly easy to manipulate. Also this foil is something that works well with any kind of nail polish, you could even add it on top of a fresh clear coat to change up a manicure you were already wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment