Monday 27 June 2016

Pretty Woman NYC Gelogic

Hello all,

Today I have a review and wear test of Pretty Woman NYC gelogic line. Their gelogic system is a two piece system which consists of a color and a top coat. The claims made by this system are that their formula resists chipping, cracking, fading and peeling. They do not make any claim for how long this polish will last, it is simply long lasting. Other claims from this line is that one coat should be enough for it to be opaque, it is self leveling and plumping, it dries quickly without a LED or UV light and that it removes with acetone nail polish remover.

For my review, I actually tested the gelogic line using only the color coat because I did not have the titanium top coat that comes with it. I did prep my nails with the Pretty Woman NYC nail detox since the instructions said to clean your nail with nail polish remover. So before I get into the details and results of my wear test, there are a few things I want you all to keep in mind while you read my review. At my job, I am constantly opening drawers that have no handle so I have to reach my fingers in; this eats away at my nail polish quite quickly. I have found that even with using my favorite base and top coat, my nails will have significant wear after one shift and definite chipping after a second shift. So I change my nail polish very quickly because of that and when I am working, I am putting way more "stress" on my polish than with usual wear.

Two coats of Something Blue

The application of the gelogic polish was easy enough, while I do think it was very opaque at one coat, I did two coats. Also even though this shade has a lovely shimmer running throughout it, I found the application was still smooth. I would agree 100% that it self leveled and it dried very quickly. As to the polish being plumping, I really noticed no difference from a regular nail polish. Even though I did not add a top coat to this polish, it had a fairly nice shine to it where I felt I did not need to add a top coat.

Five days of wear

I have to say I was blown away by the quality of this polish. On me, with base and top coat, regular nail polish lasts two work shifts before showing major chips forcing me to change it. I wore this polish for five days, through four shifts at work! I was able to get double the wear of my nail polish by using this gelogic color as opposed to regular nail polish. You can see that the major chips are on my index and pointer fingers while my ring and pinkie finger still only have tip wear. Adding the titanium top coat would also help prolong the wear of your manicure. Overall, I have to say that this gelogic system met all of their claims. The color did not fade or peel and I found it very resistant to chipping and cracking. It also removed easily with my acetone based nail polish remover.

The gelogic polishes have 9.5 mLs in them as opposed to Pretty Woman NYCs regular polish which have 10 mLs. However, they are the exact same price ($7.99)! So it really is up to you which formula you want to try without the worry of it being much more expensive. Also remember that Pretty Woman NYC has free shipping regardless of your order size! If you've tried any from their gelogic line or if you want me to pick up the titanium top coat and put it to the test, leave me a comment down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment