Friday 24 June 2016

Pretty Woman NYC Treatments

Hey everyone,
So about a month ago, I got a nail polish in my Ipsy bag from the company Pretty Woman NYC. I did a full test of the polish and fell in love with it; you can read my original post here. The lovely people at Pretty Woman NYC were kind enough to supply me with some more of their products to share with you! I can assure you that even though these products were given to me, my reviews will still be 100% honest. I was allowed to pick out eight items from their website and I did select a good variety so as to get a good grasp on the brand overall.

Now this review is going to be on two of their nail treatments I had selected and how they performed for me. The first item I picked was their soft scrub, what drew me in with this item is how unique I thought it was. Here is an excerpt from their packaging:

"A nail and cuticle cleansing scrub containing microspheres, vitamin E and aloe vera. While providing exfoliation and smoothing to the nails and cuticles, Soft Scrub also generates hydration and nourishment and releases the vitamin E encapsulated within the moisture beads."

I have never seen a scrub for your nails and cuticles before that also promises hydration so I was definitely interested in seeing how this worked. I have been using this product for about two weeks now and want to show you just how it works. So for my demonstration, I actually rubbed some CND scrubfresh on my nails, if you are unfamiliar with scrubfresh it is essentially a way to dehydrate and cleanse your nail for shellac to better adhere. I was able to see the dryness on my nail fairly easily and then I applied a generous amount of soft scrub to my nails.




Starting with application, the scrub is easily applied just like a regular nail polish, my only issue was that I had to fish for the pink beads in the product. I would get around 4 beads total when I applied the products to both my hands. However, this product is amazing in terms of hydration. It honestly feels like a gel and it sinks in so easily. The instructions say to wipe away any access with a cotton pad but I never have any access, it all sinks into my nails by the time I am finished both of my hands. There is no oily residue so you can continue doing anything without being afraid of ruining stuff you touch. I have to say the scent is also a bonus, very spa like.

My favorite way to use this product has to be on my toes though. My toes are very unappreciated because I am quite lazy when it comes to taking care of them. I always forget cuticle oil or to use cuticle remover. But with Soft Scrub my cuticles look smoother and my nail plate and the surrounding area is wonderfully hydrated. I have put polish on top without cleansing my nail and have had no issues with nail polish peeling. 

Overall I love this product for my toes and think it is a wonderful way to maintain a healthy look and feel to your nails.


I also picked out something I thought was going to be gimmicky, and I think the only other brand I have seen with this product is Formula X. It is from their nail medic line and it is called Nail Detox; a nail cleanser and primer. I'm sure you have heard that you should cleanse your nail plate before a manicure to remove any oil or residue that could make your manicure come off quicker. Usually I use nail polish remover or just wash my hands before painting them. My issue with that is when I use my acetone remover, I dehydrate my nails too much and when I wash my hands I just want to put on hand cream again. So a nail cleanser sounded right up my alley.



Let's start with the packaging; you do get 15 mLs which I appreciate and the square shape of the bottle makes it feel more high end to me. This product does have a false lid but you can decide to keep it or take it off. The application was really easy because it is in a nail polish bottle again. My only issue was that I kept wiping off one side of the brush out of habit and so most of the liquid would come off the brush. But that is user error and not related to the product itself. Here is an excerpt from the packaging of the nail detox:

" An advanced nail cleanser and primer that eliminates impurities caused by environmental stress and preps the nail for a manicure, cranberry and lemon extracts purify the nail and lifts away embedded grime, soap bark extract and witch hazel detoxify the nail plate, helping to return it to a natural, balanced state."

I love using this product as opposed to nail polish remover. While it does have alcohol in it, you really can't smell it so it doesn't bother me. My nail is nicely cleansed without being dried out. My favorite way to use this is to only apply one coat and I do cap the tips of my nails with this as well. I have seen my manicures last longer when I use this product. Sometimes I even skip using a base coat because it's an extra layer that I just don't want but when I use this nail detox instead, my manicure still lasts.

Overall, I would say that the nail detox is a wonderful product because it helps cleanse my nail plate without over stripping them or drying out my whole hand. The great thing is that both of these products retail for $7.99 USD on Pretty Woman NYC's website and since they offer free shipping on all purchases and they ship internationally, you really can just pick one time to try out. If you only want to pick up one product, I would suggest their Soft Scrub since it is great and very unique! I hope you enjoyed reading this, I will have another post about some polishes I got as well so stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment